Friday, June 10, 2011

Graduation 2011

Today was Brian’s preschool graduation, a term I’ve always found funny.  He did complete a year of preschool, but back in my day, we didn’t have a graduation after every year of school completed.  Really, it’s more of an end of the year party, and just like last year there were the inflatibles, and once again Brian really wanted to go on them, but this time so did Eli!

DSC_0294

DSC_0297

DSC_0300

DSC_0295

Of course, Eli did not get very far on the obstacle course, and he got frustrated that I had to keep taking him off so that the big kids could go through.  I was relieved when it was time to go line up for the graduation. 

DSC_0306

Brian did great waiting in line and going up when his name was called.  It might not sound like much but I was proud of that; there were plenty of kids who did not want to stand alone or go up.  I imagine the whole thing made very little sense to them, and in retrospect I probably should have explained what was going to go on ahead of time, but it all worked out well.  Here’s my little graduate:

DSC_0308

DSC_0309

DSC_0310

DSC_0311

He looks pretty excited, eh?  I think he was trying to figure out what this piece of paper was:

DSC_0313

DSC_0314

Eli sat in the amphitheater happily for a while.  I sat him on the bench and he started yelling “choo choo!  choo choo!” so clearly he thought he was going for a ride. 

and he was playing with the grass

It eventually became clear that was not happening and he got antsy, but when he saw Brian go on stage, he started yelling “brother!  brother!” and he wanted to go down where Brian was.  Fortunately, Brian was toward the end.  Here’s the whole class (or at least everyone who showed up today):

DSC_0317

My graduate:

DSC_0319

Me and the boys:

DSC_0327

Running over to lunch:

DSC_0329

Apples were all we found to eat, not that surprising.  I wished I had packed a lunch!

DSC_0333

Brian says, “Now I know what’s a graduation.”  Yep.  Goodbye school and hello summer!

1 comment:

irene said...

He is such a big boy now...where did the cute, chubby, little baby go????