Thursday, November 8, 2012

Eli is 3!

We had a fun-filled birthday weekend: the zoo on Saturday morning, family swim in the evening, then on Sunday, Eli's birthday, we went to the science museum, where Eli reassembled a body:
 Balanced on a balance beam:
and pumped a model heart.
 Afterwards, we went out for pizza, his pick!
Then back at home we opened some presents.  The first one was from mom and dad.  
 It's a construction bin!
 Then one from grandma and grandpa, opening it very carefully...
 It's a Lamborghini!  Or as he calls it, a zucchini!
 And one from Ye Ye and Nai Nai, again, he loved the unwrapping part of the process:
 A racetrack!
And last but not least, after dinner was the birthday cake, made to his exact specifications: chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, sprinkles and a monster truck.  
Trader Joe's did the hard part, Calvin hunted it down and I decorated it.  Definitely the easiest birthday cake I have ever "made".  Here's the birthday boy with mom, cutting the cake:
And again with dad!
Happy birthday little guy!  Oops, I mean big guy, I know you hate to be called little.  :)  We love you!

1 comment:

Ian and Emme.s Dad said...

Hmmm...dad looks happier than the birthday boy.